It’s important to continue with eating disorder treatment, especially in stressful times. At Seeds of Hope, we understand that COVID-19 is making it harder to stick to a treatment plan. We want to help you work towards recovery despite these challenges. Teletherapy lets us deliver our treatment programs virtually.
All of our outpatient programs are now available through video conferencing technology. Adults and teens can receive therapy from the safety of home. For those seeking residential treatment, our Lake Ariel location remains open and is accepting new clients. Learn more about the precautions we’re taking to keep our residential clients safe.
Call us at (610) 644-6464 to schedule a session or learn more.
What is Teletherapy and How Can It Treat Eating Disorders?
Teletherapy uses secure video conferencing software to conduct therapy sessions. You can meet with a counselor on any electronic device that connects to the internet, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Teletherapy lets you receive treatment from home instead of coming into our offices. This is especially helpful during the coronavirus outbreak when everyone in Pennsylvania is under a stay-at-home order.
Benefits of Teletherapy Services:
- Receive treatment from anywhere in the state of Pennsylvania. You can participate in programming at any of our locations, even if you are not within driving distance.
- Meet one-on-one with a licensed therapist in a secure, virtual setting.
- Participate in virtual therapy groups.
- Schedule sessions and appointments during times that fit your schedule.
How is Online Therapy Different from Traditional Programming?
Seeds of Hope is committed to providing the same quality of care through teletherapy. Although the platform has changed, our treatment philosophy remains the same. We treat the whole person and address the underlying causes of disordered eating.
You will still be able to participate in therapy groups, meet individually with therapists, and receive support from a team of professionals that includes registered dietitians.
As you prepare for teletherapy treatment from Seeds of Hope, here is more information on what to expect.
What technology is used for teletherapy services?
Seeds of Hope uses BlueJeans to conduct online therapy sessions. This is an easy-to-use video conferencing platform that connects you with one of our highly-trained therapists.
How do I schedule or join a teletherapy therapy session?
For new clients, scheduling a teletherapy session is simple. Call (610) 644-6464 to speak with our Admissions team who will walk you through the process step-by-step.
What happens when I call to schedule an assessment?
- Admissions takes general client information including your name, birth date, contact, insurance information, and a brief description of current symptoms.
- Our team schedules a teletherapy Level of Care Assessment (LOCA) to determine the level of care necessary to achieve your treatment goals. LOCAs conducted over BlueJeans take between 1.5-2.5 hours to complete depending on which program is appropriate.
BlueJeans makes it easy to join teletherapy therapy sessions. Call us with any questions or concerns about accessing your virtual session.
How do I prepare for a teletherapy session?
Before a virtual therapy session, find a quiet space where you won’t be disturbed. Make sure you have a strong internet connection and that your device is fully charged. Consider using headphones or earbuds for improved sound quality and privacy.
What should I do during a session with my therapist?
Treat an online therapy session the same as an in-office visit. Maintain communication with your therapist and speak clearly. Avoid doing other tasks that might distract you from your session.
Is my privacy protected with teletherapy?
Yes. Our teletherapy platform, BlueJeans, uses highly-secure, encrypted video connectivity to meet HIPAA privacy rules.
What does encryption mean? It is the process by which the data transferred between client and clinician is translated into another form (or coding language). This code is only converted back into video data by a user who has the “key.” Only the people invited to your BlueJeans teletherapy session have the key. This means that your information is only available to you and your therapist.
Is teletherapy covered by insurance?
We have reached out to all of our commercial insurance providers regarding teletherapy, and most have agreed to cover these services. Please confirm with your provider that teletherapy is covered. You can also contact our admissions department for help with insurance and payment.
What Precautions Are Being Taken for Residential Treatment During COVID-19?
Our residential treatment center in Lake Ariel remains open and is accepting new clients. We are taking all necessary precautions to keep our clients and staff safe during this time. This includes the following measures:
- We screen all new clients for COVID-19 during their Level of Care Assessment and complete a second screening on the day they are admitted. The screening process includes a physical exam and a questionnaire.
- Clients and staff are now wearing masks.
- Our sanitation guidelines are already rigorous, but we are now sanitizing surfaces with every shift change.
- Our nursing groups are educating clients on COVID-19 hygiene and self-care.
- We have added stress reduction groups geared towards COVID-19 stress.
Our staff meets daily to review the current CDC guidelines and we will update our precautions as recommendations change.
Interested in Teletherapy Treatment?
Seeds of Hope understands the importance of evidence-based treatment for eating disorders. We are committed to providing our clients the support they need, wherever they are. Teletherapy allows us to deliver quality care during the COVID-19 outbreak. Contact us to learn more about virtual treatment. If you decide this is the right fit for you, our admissions team will walk you through the scheduling process.